Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 March 2011

Scans after 3 Days and 2 Nights on the Roof

I have just scanned the pages after I left them to dry and before I secure them again to the Roof of the shed. It is interesting to note that the only colour to have almost disappeared is Ottoman Rose.  The other faded colours (Midnight Blue, Blue, Ottoman Azure and Squeteague) although not visible in the scan are actually legible to a degree.  However, I would not want to have to spend time straining to decipher notes if they became wet! I would definitely stick with the remaining colours: Borealis Black and Dark Matter I would rate as acceptable. Catalpa, Blue-Black, Navy, Coral Sea, Black, Luxury Blue, Aircorp, Ganges Blue and Black I would highly recommend.

The test is not over yet. The pages and inks will be on the roof of the shed once more! The paper is beginning to look worse for wear and feels a little brittle, but has not yet disintegrated. Let's see what happens in the next few days...




All Legible. Some easier to read though. 

The scan is a little light and loses detail, but you really wouldn't want to struggle to read the faded inks, although you could if you really had to! Forget about Ottoman Rose!


Midnight Blue is just barely legible. The other two you would be more comfortable using for important notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment